10 Reasons Why entrepreneurship is better than job
In just about every culture, somewhere between the ages of 16 and 28, most young adults decide which path they will follow in life: job or entrepreneurship. For some reason, entrepreneurship has been seen as a negative thing to do because it is “risky” and not “secure.” We believe that this is because most people are not aware of the opportunities available to them and how much they can potentially earn with an entrepreneurial venture. In this blog post, we hope to educate you on why entrepreneurship should be a larger part of your life than a career-driven route.
10 Reasons why entrepreneurship is better than a job:
1) Work on your own terms: When you’re an entrepreneur, you’re your own boss! No one can force you to do anything. You can set your own hours and work as much or as little as you want so long as the project gets done on time. You don’t have to worry about where the next paycheck is coming from because it’s coming from YOURSELF!
2) Natural-born leaders: As an entrepreneur, there will be plenty of opportunities for leadership roles- both in business and in life.
3) Get paid to do what you enjoy: While it’s true that you will work long hours when you first start out, a lot of those hours will be spent doing things that you love. Maybe it’s designing a website or the process of getting new clients and managing their accounts- but no matter what it is, it’s making YOUR DREAMS COME TRUE!
4) Life/work balance: Working for someone else all day leaves you with little time to do the activities you enjoy. Sometimes this leads to burnout as many people are working much longer than they want to because they love their job. Working for yourself gives you more time to spend on the activities that are important to YOU.
5) Work in any location: As an entrepreneur, you can run your business from anywhere there’s the internet. Set up a home office, or when you’re feeling adventurous- pack your laptop and head to the nearest cafe!
6) Be your own boss: When you work for someone else, no matter how much the job may pay or how big of a promotion you receive, that job will never be yours. There will always be someone above you whose opinion matters more than yours because they have “authority” over you. Entrepreneurship gives you freedom and control because it’s your business.
7) Work in any industry: While it’s true that there are a lot of different industries a person can choose, entrepreneurship doesn’t have to be limited to a specific industry. For instance, if you want to earn extra income by working online, you can run your own Internet-based business. If an interest in agriculture is driving your decision to work for yourself, there surely must be a way you can do that as an entrepreneur too!
8) There are no limits: There is no limit on how much money you can earn as an entrepreneur and there is no limit on how big of a company you can build.
9) Money is freedom: While most people think of money in terms of acquiring the latest gadgets and living in a big house, money is more than that. Money is power- it’s the ability to do what you want when you want without asking for permission.
10) Start young: The sooner you start being an entrepreneur, the sooner you will be financially independent!
Award-winning author Ron LeGrand has been helping small businesses and entrepreneurs since 1989. He has created over 1,000 hours of audio content related to business and entrepreneurship and has helped thousands of people create their own businesses. His current projects include EzineArticles.
I hope that you have learned a lot today. If you are thinking about creating your own business one day, I hope that these 10 reasons are the final push you need to get started. If you already have your own business, I hope our tips have encouraged you to do even more and grow your wealth even faster!
We would like to hear from you! Leave us a comment or send us an email telling us how our advice has changed your point of view on entrepreneurship.